Register : Forgot Password?.

Monkey Hospital

Special thanks:

Elephant electrocuted in national park

A 14-year-old female elephant died of electrocution in Rayong's Khao Chamao-Khao Wong National Park yesterday morning.

The body of Phang Sidor was found at 5.30am on a naked electrical cable on a rugged, muddy road 300 metres away from the Khlong Plu forest conservation unit. Nearby was a toad that had also died from electric shock.

Park director Sermphan Sariman said elephants had been foraging in farms near the forest and that it was suspected the beast had grabbed a bamboo supporting the cable. After a funeral ritual by nine monks, its body was transported by backhoe to a grave near the scene.

 Posted by admin on June 09 2009 02:26:31 0 Comments : Reads 3067 Print  

@ 2007 Wild Animal Rescue Foundation of Thailand. All rights reserved.
Photographs courtesy of WARF Staff and Volunteers Niether graphics nor text maybe produced wihtout WARF's express written consent
Privacy Policy Compliments or complaints about this website? Please let us know. WARF IS A FULLY LICENSED CHARITY UNDER THAI LAW - LICENSE NO. GT 20 

Qualified Charitable Organization in Thailand for TAX DEDUCTION license No. 741

Page Rank Check

15790708 Unique Visits